Monday 7 January 2019

January 8th 2019

January 8th 2019
Iridescent feather found 
              And stuck upon a wall
                            Peculiar fancies are my wont
                                                 I've no excuse at all
A calf with hoof upraised and stare
                 To ask me how it was I'd dare
                            To stick its image on a wall
                                                 I've no excuse. No. None at all
Watered silk Grimaldi rose
A pretty thing. My whim to pose
A crop of blooms upon the wall
                                                  I've no excuse to make at all
         Bonica is birthday pink
                Its generosity extreme
                      Reminding me of cake and cream
                               And yet I've stuck it on a wall
                                                I've no excuse...not one at all
Oh, Auntie Win, that's not your name
           But still, you know, it suits you fine
                    Your proper moniker... oh dear!
                               Impossible to scan in line

So all these pictures on a wall

              Graffiti'd there 
                           No rationale
                                  Eclectics from my walk today
                                              (I've no excuse to make at all) 


No comments:

Post a Comment